Terms and conditions of sale
By booking on and accessing training through the CommScope Infrastructure Academy you accept and are bound by the following terms and conditions.
- PLANNING YOUR TRAINING:
- It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure they have the appropriate background and skill sets prior to taking the course. Some courses have pre-requisites, so it is important for the training manager or student to plan his/her training with due consideration to these pre-requisites. If in doubt please contact Cabling Science administration staff to seek guidance.
- The Reservation is provisional only. Registration will not be confirmed until payment is received. All parts of the booking form that are appropriate must be completed.
Classroom Courses (ordered through this website only):
- Full details of location, address, times and instructor will be emailed to the student/booker of the course prior to the commencement of each selected course. They may also be posted on the website. Should you require a FAX copy please contact your Cabling Science administrator.
- Reservations will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment, providing the full company name, invoice address, telephone & fax number, and received in advance of course date. The course fee is due and payable immediately at time of booking the course.
Cabling Science Ltd reserves the right to change the course location or evolve the course content or cancel the course. In the case of cancellation, Cabling Science will be limited to the refund of any fees paid in advance in respect of the course, and will not be responsible for any consequential loss arising whatsoever. Cabling Science will endeavor to give as much advance notice as possible of any changes to enrolment. Cabling Science Ltd warrants to the student that any services offered and performed by Cabling Science Ltd under this Agreement will be performed in a workmanlike manner in accordance with accepted practices. If:
- re-perform the services;
- correct any defects or deficiencies; or
- if the foregoing remedies are not commercially reasonable, render a prorated refund based on the original charge for the deficient services. This is the sole and exclusive remedy of Reseller under this Article.
- the services have not been so performed; and
- Student notifies Cabling Science Ltd in writing within thirty (30) days after the completion of the particular aspect of the service which student believes to be sub-standard; and
- The Student specifies in reasonable detail the reasons for the claim, then Cabling Science Ltd will, at its option, either:
- CANCELLATIONS within 15 working days before the first day of the course will be subject to a cancellation charge of 100% of the course fee. Substitute delegates are welcome to attend and can be made at any time prior to the course. Please notify all changes in writing/Fax to the Registrar. Cancellations received between 28 and 15 working days prior to the start of the course will be subject to a $150 per course day, per delegate cancellation fee. All cancellations must be made in writing, sent by email or FAX to the Registrar.
- Full charge of the course will be payable if only partial attendance is made.
- A transfer from one course to another, if made less than 15 working days before the course start date, will be treated as a cancellation. Registration onto a replacement course will be charged at 50% the standard cost fee.
- COURSE LOCATION AND HOTEL INFORMATION (Joining Instructions)
- It is the responsibility of the Attendee to ensure that sufficient detail is obtained to attend the course on time. Should you have insufficient detail, please contact us or your training coordinator in advance.
- PAYMENT TERMS
- Fees for Customized courses are due and payable in advance.
- The Scheduled Course fee shall be as advertised unless otherwise agreed in writing between CommScope Solutions and Cabling Science Ltd. Multiple attendee discounting is not available for scheduled courses. Volume discounting may be applied to a non-scheduled course if the client has sufficient numbers.
- On-site and customized courses are quoted on a per course basis. Please contact Cabling Science.
- Fees include instruction, course materials and use of hardware as appropriate to the course. Fees do not include accommodation, meals, travel or any other expenses that may be incurred by the course participant.
- COURSE CANCELLATIONS
- SECURITY. All course participants are required to abide by security measures in effect at the course location.
- Classroom Courses (purchased locally or via 3rd party linked websites):
- Please refer to the local terms and conditions of the supplier. Cabling Science Ltd. shall not be liable or accountable for such courses. Cabling Science will endeavor to assist with any queries or issues that may arise from such training.
- The course descriptions online will detail the course content, topics and give a guide to the study times.
- The course material is specific to the course and may include study material in the form of a USB memory device dispatched direct or an online assessment, webcasts and downloads.
- Following a course purchase online, access to most courses will be near immediate and you will receive confirmation and access details via email. A few courses require pre-requisites and validation checks are required in which case access will be provided typically within 24 hours and no later than 3 working days.
- It is important that when reserving courses the student details are entered in full as this will save any delays. Should you reserve another course later for that student that course will be added to the same user account and they will see both sets of course material and will be able to select between them.
- The course, including webcasts, downloads and assessments, will be available to the student for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase, after which time a course is expired. If a course is not complete before expiry, the student will lose access to all the training material and will not be able to complete the course. (See 'Using a Training Passport for Reservations' for exception to this.) Should the student wish to sit the course after the course has been expired, then a new course will need to be purchased.
- Where a course has been completed (all assessments completed), the course material, including webcasts and downloads, will be available to the student to access for a period of 2 years from the date the course is completed.
- The assessment can only be taken once.
- Assessment lessons can be taken individually but the result is accumulative for that course. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they fully understand the process and have completed the appropriate material revision BEFORE taking the assessment.
- The assessment results are final. Should a student fail an overall course assessment and wish to take it again they will be required to re-apply for that course with full course costs.
- A demonstration assessment is available for practice and understanding the format and this can be reset by the student. The demonstration assessment does not contribute to your course mark. Completion of the demonstration is not mandatory, but is advised.
- Should a student experience problems with the assessment process they should notify Cabling Science administration staff immediately for advice.
- STUDY MATERIAL FORMAT
- COURSE ACCESS
- COURSE AND COURSE MATERIAL EXPIRY
- COURSE ASSESSMENTS
Guided Learning Training:
- Students who have not gained the required pre-qualifications for a given course will not be able to book that course.
- Refunds will not be given for students failing a pre-qualification course for any reason.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to supply and configure the required hardware to take a Guided Learning course. No refunds will be given to students who fail to complete the course due to incomplete hardware.
- imVision System Manager software license keys are provided to all students taking the GL5555 course. These license keys are provided for the sole purpose of completing the GL5555 training course.
- License keys are assigned to the student taking the course and are non-transferable.
- The training license key will expire after a period of 90 days after installation, providing they are registered.
- A license key must be registered at the time of installation. Unregistered license keys will expire after just 30 days.
- It is the student's responsibility to complete their training within the software license period. Failure to complete training within this time will require the student to request an additional license key.
- Cabling Science reserve the right to charge for additional or replacement imVision System Manager License Keys.
- LICENSE KEYS
The Training Passport:
- Training Passports are available for the following Product Solutions: SYSTIMAX, ACT NETCONNECT and Uniprise. A combined Enterprise Training Passport covers both SYSTIMAX, ACT NETCONNECT and Uniprise.
- Only one Training Passport per Partner at any one time is allowed.
- A Training Passport covers the contracted Partner who purchased the Training Passport and all of its employees. Should a company be contracted in more than one region or country, a Training Passport in each region or country will be required.
- Certification shall only be issued in your company name. You cannot use your Training Passport for sub contract staff, third party companies or your customers. Customers can apply for their own courses and if required Training Passport. Abuse of the Training Passport may result in it being withdrawn.
- Where discounts are applied for a particular Partner Status, the applicable discount is determined at the time of the Training Passport purchase. Changes to the Partner Status during the Training Passport validity period, will not result in changes to the Partner type discount for the current Training Passport year.
- Should the status of the Training Passport purchaser's relationship with CommScope change during the duration of the Training Passport, the Training Passport may be deactivated, however no refunds will be available.
- The Training Passport is a unique code that will be valid for 12 months from the date of activation, which represents the Training Passport's validity period.
- A Training Passport is activated from the date full payment is received. Where payments are not received after a period of 30 days from ordering, the Training Passport application shall be cancelled. Should you wish to continue with the purchase after this time, a new order will have to be submitted.
- Where a Training Passport has been renewed, activation of the new Training Passport starts following the expiry of the previous Training Passport, regardless of when payment is received.
- Various discounts apply to the purchase of the Training Passport - details are published online. Where discounts are only valid for a certain period, the discount will only apply where the purchase of the Training Passport is completed within this period. Failure to complete the purchase, which requires that funds have cleared and the Training Passport activated, within this time will invalidate the discount and therefore additional payments may be required before the Training Passport is activated.
- A Training Passport entitles the holder to discounts on courses within the Product Solution for which the Training Passport was purchased. For example; a Uniprise Training Passport provides discounts to Uniprise courses only, a SYSTIMAX Training Passport provides discounts to SYSTIMAX courses only and an Enterprise Training Passport provides discounts to SYSTIMAX and Uniprise courses only.
- The discounts applicable on each course are detailed on the course catalog.
- A Training Passport for one Product Solution may not be used to discount courses within a different Product Solution except in the case of the Enterprise Training Passport which provides discounts to both SYSTIMAX and Uniprise courses.
- A Training Passport may be used as many times as you wish to discount courses within the same Product Solution as the Training Passport, within the 12 month validity period.
- Abuse of the Training Passport may result in it being withdrawn.
- Any misuse of the Training Passport for items such as above or where students are found to be abusing the assessment process will result in the company's Training Passport being put on hold and all certifications for the company suspended until a full review is undertaken and any necessary action by the local CommScope team has taken place.
- TRAINING PASSPORT ACTIVATION
- DISCOUNT ENTITLEMENT
Using a Training Passport for reservations:
- The course assessments can be taken at any time, but MUST be completed before the end of the Training Passport's validity period, unless the Training Passport is renewed before the end of the validity period.
- If a Training Passport has not been renewed, the Training Passport will be considered 'lapsed' and incomplete courses will be frozen until the Training Passport is renewed.
- If a Training Passport is purchased within 12 months of expiry of the old Training Passport, access to the courses will be unfrozen and training may continue.
- Should a Training Passport remain 'lapsed' for a period of 12 months or more, all incomplete courses will be deactivated and removed from user's accounts. Access to incomplete courses will not be possible after the Training Passport has remained lapsed for a period of 12 months or more, regardless of whether a new Training Passport is purchased.
- The terms under section 7 above are in addition to terms under section 4 above
- The assessment can only be taken once. The assessment results are final, should a student fail an overall course assessment and wish to take it again they will be required to re-apply for that course which in the case of a Training Passport Partner will be free of charge. Cabling Science will monitor such retakes and recommend that following two failed attempts the student/partner discuss with their CommScope representative how to best progress the student training.
- COURSE AND COURSE MATERIAL EXPIRY USING A TRAINING PASSPORT
- COURSE ASSESSMENTS USING A TRAINING PASSPORT
- Using the Mentor Program (SYSTIMAX Partner Training Passport holders ONLY):
- The Mentor Program has now been discontinued. If you have any questions regarding this, or any other changes to the Training Program for 2011, please use the Contact Us page.
- Cabling Science take no responsibility for any adverse outcome, damages or injury caused as a result of student misinterpreting this training.
- The training material is for guidance only and forms no basis for a guarantee of operation. Cabling science accepts no liability for incorrectly installed and implemented solutions.
- The ownership of training courses purchased remains with the purchaser.
- Only the owner of a training course may authorize changes to that course such as transference or cancellation.
- On successful completion of the course and following settlement of the full fees - the attendee will be registered on the student data base and an appropriate certification issued.
- ID Badges that are lost or damaged can be replaced by contacting a Regional Training Administrator. Company name changes can also be completed providing the company is a current SYSTIMAX Partner and the rules on Company Transfer below are applied if applicable. A handling charge is levied at a standard rate of $50 per badge.
- Loss, damage or change of details - Replacement certificates may be requested for reasons of loss, or damage by contacting either your CommScope channel manager or Cabling Science. Please state your name, company and company address to receive the replacement. We will verify your qualification and company's current Partner status and apply, if applicable the Company Transfer rules below, then dispatch a full replacement certificate/s. A charge of $40 per certificate is applicable for all replacement certificates, which may be waivered at the sole discretion of Cabling Science depending on circumstances.
- Certificate not received - Where a certificate has failed to reach the intended recipient, replacement certificates may be requested free of charge, up to a maximum period of 3 months after course completion. A charge of $40 per certificate will be applicable to all requested received later than 3 months from the course completion.
- Usually requested for project bid support - Duplicate certificates can be requested Free of Charge by contacting either your CommScope channel manager or Cabling Science direct. State your name, company and an e-mail address to receive the duplicate. We will verify your qualification and company's current Partner status, after which your duplicate certificate will be e-mailed to you. Duplicate certificates are sent in PDF format for your own printing.
- At the request of the course owner, a training course may be transferred to a different student.
- Courses may only be transferred to students employed by the same company as the student originally booked on the course.
- Courses which have been started or completed may not be transferred, as these are considered 'used' courses.
- Should a student leave a company against which they have undertaken training, then all training courses which have been started but not yet completed will be deactivated and access lost. Any courses not started by that student may be transferred to a different student as per section 8.g above.
- Where a student has changed employment and moved to a company different to the one where the training course was originally undertaken, then upon notification by either the student or the course purchaser, the certificates already gained by the student will be transferred to their new company.
- For D&E, I&M and CISS certificates, a further recertification course must be purchased and gained by the student before these qualifications are visible under the new company on the BMS and no badges or certificates will be issued for these qualifications until the recertification is gained.
- Student transfers may incur an administrative fee, which may be waived at discretion of Cabling Science and CommScope.
- LIABILITY LIMITATION
- COURSE OWNERSHIP
- REPLACEMENT BADGES
- REPLACEMENT CERTIFICATES
- ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE COPIES
- STUDENT TRANSFER
- COMPANY TRANSFER
- Cabling Science may change these terms and conditions from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting on the website. You agree to be bound to any changes to these terms and conditions when you use the CommScope Academy after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes.
- Jurisdiction and Choice of Law. This agreement and all claims or issues regarding these Terms and Conditions, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English laws. Any legal action concerning these Terms or this website must be brought within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises and must be brought in the English Courts.
Wahoo Learning Limited, trading as the Cabling Science Institute, is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 10018280) whose registered office is at 13 Northern Way, Cropmead, Crewkerne, Somerset, TA18 7HJ. References to we , us and ...
Can I retake an assessment/course if I fail?
Our policy is not to reset course assessments. However, the Support team will review the nature and circumstances of the failure and make further decisions based on our guidelines. Any reset of assessments may incur a further administrative charge, ...